The second year of operations of the MCOC/YESS initiative has officially ended and an exciting new 2013-2014 fiscal year has begun. Launched in May, 2011, this groundbreaking collaborative of organizations focuses on serving East Palo Alto youth and young adults and has achieved an impressive set of milestones during its current fiscal year of July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013. Convened by One East Palo Alto, MCOC/YESS has realized several remarkable accomplishments, including but not limited to the following:
(1) recruited 29 member organizations, all of which signed a formal membership agreement documenting their commitment to share common goals, objectives, work standards and data, as well as pursue joint funding opportunities;
(2)secured written agreement from a majority of members (24) to participate in a data linking process managed by the John Gardner Center for Youth and Their Communities;
(3) collaborated on establishing a shared youth development-based service provision framework;
(4) submitted a joint fundraising proposal to the City of East Palo Alto's Measure C Large Collaborative Grant process;
(5) participated in and supported other MCOC/YESS members' events, and
(6) supported efforts to increase the high school graduation rate of East Palo Alto youth.
BECOME A 2013-2014 MCOC/YESS MEMBER ORGANIZATION!
Click here for an overview of the MCOC/YESS collaborative
Click here for MCOC/YESS Fiscal Year 2012-2013 highlights, including list of 2012-2013 members.